Digital marketing is one of the types of marketing in its general sense, and it has proven very effective in helping companies achieve their marketing goals and achieve huge profits.
Digital marketing is no longer optional for business owners, it has become necessary and inevitable for any business, whatever its size. There are many companies based on this type of marketing, and despite the strength and effectiveness of digital marketing, there are some negatives, which we can avoid.
Therefore, I was keen to clarify the pros and cons of digital marketing in this article, but no one disagrees on the impact of digital marketing at this time due to the huge revolution in technology.
If we look at ourselves at this time, we will find that we spend many hours on the Internet, hence the importance of e-marketing, as there is a marketing rule that says “market where your customers are“.
In the following points all you need to know about the pros and cons of this type of marketing.
Table of Contents
What’s the digital marketing
- It is the use of everything that is electronic or digital in marketing products and services such as the use of the Internet, the mobile phone, the use of social media, e-mail, and other means.
- E-marketing helps you reach a greater number of potential customers and thus increase opportunities to increase sales, and thus increase profits.
- Digital Marketing refers to several terms such as digital marketing, network marketing, Internet marketing.
- Digital marketing is relatively new, but it has witnessed tremendous development in the last few periods and has become highly relied upon, and it is constantly witnessing developments, and we are constantly finding new channels for marketing through it.
Pros and cons of digital marketing
- Despite the strong impact and effectiveness of digital marketing, and the results that are achieved by using this type, some may find that this type is easy to use or is just a picnic.
- It is a science and an art and is based on many strategies that must be well understood in order to achieve the highest results.
- There are some people “teachers” who offer courses or courses, who export only the pros of digital marketing to their students, and that they are able to profit easily when working in this field.
- This is not entirely true, as the results that teachers issue to their students are results based on strategies and the accumulation of experiences that have burdened them in this field.
- So, I made sure to clarify all the pros and cons in this article to help you if you are a company owner or someone who wants to work in this field.
pros of digital marketing
There are many advantages of digital marketing that make the use of this type of thing necessary and inevitable, including:
- This type of marketing is more flexible than traditional marketing or any other type of marketing, it depends mainly on digital devices, these devices enable you to start your marketing campaign at any time and end it at any time.
- You can also improve on your campaign at any time. For example, when you analyze your campaign and it was not satisfactory for you, you can modify it at any time to get better results.
- Likewise, if there is an error in the content or in the design, you can stop the campaign, modify the errors and run it again, and this does not exist in traditional marketing, because when there is an error after printing, it cannot be modified.
- There are many e-marketing channels that allow you to use it in more than one way depending on your budget and target audience, so you can start with any budget that suits you.
- There are also marketing channels through it, such as the use of social media, search engines, or e-mail, which allows you to choose the most appropriate method for your product or service.
2. lower cost
- Digital Marketing is less expensive than any other marketing method, so you can start your marketing campaign with the budget that suits you and is set by you, unlike traditional marketing forces you to pay a specific amount of money that you are committed to paying.
- Here you can start with the budget that suits you and fit your project with the possibility of increasing or reducing it if you want, and the effect of this type is stronger because you pay for money in exchange for reaching customers who are interested in you and not in a random way.
3. less effort
- What distinguishes this type of marketing is that it is less effort than any other type, whether on the owner of the company or on the customer, when using images or videos, you can communicate your message in an easy and fast way.
- Unlike what happens in traditional marketing, which needs more effort in strategies, design, and implementation, and requires a lot of movement, and going to stores and companies to display products and services.
- E-marketing enables you to deliver your services and products professionally without the need to go and waste a lot of money, effort, and time.
- It is also better for customers as it is easier for them to see your product through photos and videos and order it online, without the need to go to stores to buy and waste a lot of time and effort.
4. Speed and ease of deployment
- Digital Marketing mainly depends on digital devices and the Internet, at this time the world with a family uses the Internet.
- So, any business can spread and reach more customers using this type of marketing.
- Among the methods that it relies on our social media platforms, and we know that one person spends hours and hours on it daily, so it is a good opportunity.
- What distinguishes this type is the spread and reach of interested customers and not a random spread as in traditional marketing, by precisely targeting them.
5. Multiple marketing methods
What distinguishes this type also is the possibility of choosing more than one method of marketing according to the budget and the target audience, and among these methods:
Marketing via social media platforms.
- Search engine marketing.
- Content Marketing.
- Search Engine Optimization
- Video Marketing.
- Email Marketing.
6. Constant update
Among the other positives is the link of this type of marketing with modern technology, which is witnessing continuous updates, so it progresses and talks about technology updates and is affected positively and not negatively.
7. Work all-day
One of the advantages of e-marketing is also that your project is always open and not at certain times, i.e. your project works throughout the day and throughout the week.
When creating a website or a mobile app, you can easily work continuously and not at specific times, as it is available to customers to deal with at any time.
8. Does not require qualification
Working in this field does not require a specific certificate or qualification, it is enough just to understand e-marketing strategies and how they work, and here are many resources that can be learned from.
Entrepreneurs can also learn this kind, but it is always better to leave this task to the owners of the experience or to a digital marketing agency in Egypt.
9. Targeting accuracy
What distinguishes digital marketing from any other type is the accuracy of targeting and reaching customers who are interested in the product or service accurately through some targeting strategies such as:
- Job title.
- It evolves into targeting by types of mobile devices.
- And many other devices.
10. Competitor Analysis
Another plus is the ease of analyzing competitors and knowing their strengths and weaknesses. These data help you improve your marketing campaign and appear better.
11. Huge profits
It is natural that among the advantages of digital is the increase in profits, so any marketing process aims, in the end, to increase sales and thus increase profits.
E-marketing enables you to increase your profits significantly and faster than any other marketing method.
Cons of digital marketing
Despite the many positives, there are some negatives, knowing that these negatives can be avoided with time and through experience, including:
1. Sometimes the expected results are not achieved
With so many companies and fierce competition between them, the results we expect may not come through, because some competitors are bidding or paying more budget for the marketing channel.
These reasons may lead to the difficulty of reaching the expected results, although sometimes results come more than expected, luck plays a small role in these results.
Also, the lack of results may be due to inaccurate targeting or difficulty in communicating the idea, or because of the content or design, all of which can be modified and the campaign continues again.
2. It’s hard at first
When you start your work in this field, or as the owner of a company that promotes yourself, you find it difficult at first and spend hours to understand how e-marketing works and understand its strategies.
It is difficult at the beginning, and it is also difficult to reach the desired results the first time if you do not have enough experience, but with time and experience, you can reach satisfactory results.
3. Fierce Competition
Among the negatives is the presence of fierce competition between companies, i.e. a marketing channel that operates on the auction system, whoever pays a larger budget will get better results.
It is a negative thing, especially for small companies that do not have a large budget that enables them to compete with large companies in the same field, which requires paying a larger budget.
4. Some people lack confidence in e-marketing
There are some people who do not trust buying online because there are many scammers, these people prefer to go to companies and stores for the purchase process.
Some tips when using digital marketing
Although there are some negatives that can be avoided, I will clarify some points that will help you with that:
1. Product Study
Before starting any marketing campaign, you must study the product that you will be marketing, this helps you better highlight and describe the product, and highlight its competitive advantage, while generating many ideas.
2. Study competitors
It is necessary to study your competitors in the same field, as it is a study that helps you in the strategies that your competitors used and succeeded in their marketing campaigns.
Through this study, you can find out which types of content are better for customers, images or video, which language or dialect is suitable for them, know the strengths and weaknesses of your competitors and exploit weaknesses to your advantage.
3. Audience Study
It is necessary to study the behavior of customers, and to know which types of content are most suitable for them, and which dialect they prefer, are they male or female, what geographical area they live in, and what are their interests.
You can learn all these things from your competitors, study your competitors’ audience and find out which type of content is more engaging, which tone they prefer, their education level, their age, and gender.
4. Determine the best marketing channels
Each target audience has a marketing channel on which it is more present, as well as the type of product has a role in choosing the marketing channel.
Before starting any marketing campaign, you must choose the most appropriate platform on which your customers are located.
5. continuous analysis
It is necessary to constantly analyze the results, this helps you to improve your upcoming marketing campaigns, you can analyze the results of the campaigns and decide which campaigns have better results.
Is this campaign successful because of the content or because of more accurate targeting, all of which are analyses that help you, in the end, to improve the performance of your campaigns and reach the highest results.
Despite the clarification of some of the pros and cons of digital marketing, there are countless other pros.
Although there are some negatives to e-marketing, we can avoid them, but this type of marketing remains the best, most powerful, and influential in increasing sales and brand awareness.